Thank you for considering Cranbourne East Primary School for your child's enrolment.
If you would like further information about the school, we encourage you to book a School Tour. (click here for Tour bookings).
Please be aware that the process and timeline for Foundation (Prep) students has now changed. See below for details.
** ENROLMENTS FOR FOUNDATION (PREP) 2024 ARE NOW OPEN **
WHEN CAN I ENROL FOR FOUNDATION (PREP)?
2024 Foundation (Prep) enrolments
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new state-wide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Cranbourne East Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Cranbourne East Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school Cranbourne East Primary School to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023).
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023.
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
ENROLMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR FOUNDATION (PREP) AND YEAR 1 to YEAR 6
The following documents are required to complete your child's enrolment in a Victorian Government Primary School:
* Completion of Student Enrolment Form OR Transfer of Information from an Existing Victorian Government School
* Copy of Birth Certificate (or Extract)
* Immunisation Certificate
* Passport or Travel Documents (Visa) for non-Australian born students
Our School Zone
Go to www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au to find your designated neighbourhood school.
www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
Evidence Required For Enrolment Applications
To assist in assessing your child’s eligibility for enrolment at Cranbourne East Primary School, the following documents (original or certified copies) should be presented:
* A Signed Lease, Unconditional Contract of Sale or New Home Building Contract listing the name and address of the parent/guardian of the student to be enrolled
PLUS two of the following
* Electoral enrolment confirmation
* Council Rates Notice listing the name and address of the parent/guardian of the student to be enrolled
* Utility Bills listing the name and address of the parent/guardian of the student to be enrolled eg. electricity; gas or water